*MKILETEWA HAPA NA MISS FB FLORA BAHATI LYIMO*
Bolton Wanderers footballer Fabrice Muamba was today discharged from hospital, almost a month to the day after he suffered a cardiac arrest during a game.
Midfielder Muamba collapsed on the pitch in the first half of Bolton's FA Cup quarter-final at Tottenham Hotspur on March 17, with the game subsequently being abandoned.
The former England Under-21 international received treatment on the field - including from heart specialist Andrew Deaner, who was in the crowd - before being taken to the London Chest Hospital.
It later emerged that it took 78 minutes for his heart to start working unassisted and 15 defibrillator shocks were administered before the sportsman began to show signs of life.
But despite early reports that he could suffer serious brain damage and never play again, Muamba was conscious and talking to family just days later.
He was discharged from hospital today and paid tribute to staff who cared for him.
Muamba's fiancee Shauna Magunda, who has tweeted regularly during his recovery, wrote on the microblogging site: 'Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen - Hebrew 11:1. God was and always is in control.'
Other supporters took to the site to celebrate the news.
Gary Lineker wrote: 'I see Fabrice Muamba has been released from hospital. How good is that? #miraculous.'
Almost two weeks after collapsing Shauna posted a heart-warming image to say thank you to the millions of fans who have supported her partner.
The picture attracted a string of emotional responses from fans on the social networking site.
In a joint statement, Barts Health NHS Trust and Bolton Wanderers confirmed Muamba, who turned 24 earlier this month, was discharged from hospital today.
They also released a picture of the footballer shaking hands with Dr Andrew Deaner, the cardiologist and Tottenham fan who leapt from his seat in the crowd and rushed on to the pitch to help Muamba, as well as consultant cardiologist Dr Sam Mohiddin, both from Barts Health NHS Trust.
A spokesman for the trust said: 'Barts Health can confirm that Fabrice Muamba has now been discharged following several weeks of treatment. All our staff wish him the very best in his ongoing recovery.'
Muamba, who has released several pictures of himself during his recovery, said: 'I am naturally very pleased to be discharged from hospital and would like to take this opportunity to pay tribute to every single member of staff at The London Chest Hospital who have played a part in my care.
'Their dedication, professionalism and expertise is simply amazing and I will forever be in their debt.
'I also wish to say thank you to all the many well-wishers who have sent thousands of messages of support.
'Now I am out of hospital, I am looking forward to continuing my recovery and spending precious time with my family.'
Bolton Wanderers manager Owen Coyle added: 'It is absolutely fantastic news that Fabrice has been discharged from hospital and everyone at the club is delighted.
'We would also like to add our thanks to the staff at The London Chest Hospital for their care and treatment of Fabrice, which has been outstanding.
'It is important that Fabrice and his family are now given time and space to be together, and we would ask the media to continue to respect their privacy.'
Birmingham Heartlands Hospital confirmed the former England striker was released, with the 57-year-old having recovered well from successful surgery.